"For most of us,

technology makes things easier. For a person with a disability, it makes things possible."

Judy Heumann, Disability Rights Activist

Registering with the DSC

Registering with the Disability Services Center starts by filling out the DSC Intake Form.

Following this, you'll meet with a DSC Counselor to discuss your documentation, needs, and accommodations.

Register with the DSC

UCI AcessibiliTrees Badging Program

Accessible content requires the effort every Anteater.

The AccessibiliTrees program will help you grow your knowledge and practice of accesibility principles.

AccessibiliTrees Get Started

Requesting Accommodations as a UCI Employee

The University provides reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified employees who are disabled or become disabled and need assistance to perform the essential functions and have equal access to the benefits of their positions.

Additional information on employee accommodations

Reporting Concerns

Should you encounter barriers to access or experience or witness discrimination or harassment, you can report a concern using the link below.

Report a Concern



What are some tips on making a classroom accessible?

Instructors should refer to the DSC Faculty Handbook for initial guidance in providing access for students with disabilities.

For more information, refer to the following websites:

UCI Teach Anywhere
UCI Tech Prep
Instructor Resources

How do I monitor my website for accessibility changes?

Siteimprove is a utility that scans websites for accessibility issues and provides periodic reports.

Learn more about Siteimprove

How do I request an ESA in the dorms?

You are required to submit two forms when applying for an emotional support animal for housing:

  1. A health care or social services provider form in support of your application for an ESA in UCI Housing.

  2. A veterinary health form.

ESA Acquisition Information

How do I use captions and transcripts in my class?

Captions and transcripts are invaluable when considering accessibility in the classroom.

Visit our captions and transcripts page below for some common facts and questions!


How do I access support services?

Mental health and complainant support services can be found on UCI's faculty and staff support services website.

Support Services Website

How do I request Ring Road Rides?

You must be registered with the Disability Services Center and must have met a DSC counselor in order to receive Ring Road Rides accommodation.

DSC Ring Road Rides Page